Looking for an internship that combines unique jewelry, women's empowerment, and all the art fairs?
Internship length: June 2018 - August 2018
Compensation: $1500 stipend
Hours: 30 hours/week (including some weekends)
Location: Detroit, MI
Rebel Nell was started with the sole purpose of employing, educating and empowering disadvantaged women in Detroit. We make jewelry from unique local materials, while providing a transitional opportunity for women in Detroit. Our goal is to help these women move from a life of dependence to one of self-reliance, overcoming barriers to employment through the fruits of their own labor. In addition to employment, we provide financial literacy, business education and a focus on life wellness to help them successfully transition to an independent life.
We are looking for an outgoing and motivated intern with a passion for marketing and sales. Our ideal candidate demonstrates creativity, has excellent written and oral communication skills, and is interested in social enterprise and Detroit. The ability to write sassy Instagram captions is a plus, too. This position includes attendance at sales events like art fairs and festivals, so weekend availability is a requirement. Candidate must also have a reliable vehicle to transport event materials. Our team is a collection of vibrant and friendly personalities, so be prepared to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment!
- Attending and selling products at summer art fairs, festivals, events, etc
- Creating content, scheduling posts, and engaging followers on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Managing inventory and filling online orders
- Working closely with Sales and Marketing team to develop and execute sales goals and initiatives
- Ability to work autonomously
- Availability on Monday nights, weekends
- Excellent and creative communication skills (written and spoken)
- Outgoing, sales-driven personality
- Previous experience/involvement with non-profits or social enterprises
- Reliable transportation
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.