The freshness of a New Year is a gift, and we are taking that gift and rolling with it after a hell of 2021. We entered the year with incredible optimism and, frankly, immense gratitude for making it through the sh*tshow that was 2020, a year that challenged our business, our community, and our people in ways we never thought possible.
2021 felt like a different kind of a rollercoaster. We were tougher, a little hardened, cautiously aware of starting anew but, at the end of the day, we are a business built on challenging the tough times, saying “hell no,” in the face of adversity and rising above obstacles – that’s what WE DO! These thoughts are exactly what we were founded upon and fighting for day-in and day-out as part of our mission.
So while it’s important to recognize and be familiar with the uncomfortableness and acknowledge that life is strange right now, there is SO MUCH to be grateful for, so let’s get into it.
- Vaccines! Yep, the end of Q1 made our entire team jump for joy as we were all vaccinated and ready to kick Covid in the a**!
- We grew into new cities. We hauled it south and entered the Atlanta market with open, socially-distanced arms. A partnership with the Atlanta Braves allowed us to grow roots in the city we now lovingly refer to as our second home.
- Ah, the collaborations. From the Motown Museum Album Collection to our very first Artist Collection, Ouizi Collection, Parade Company | Big Heads Collection, and everything in between, this year, we were deeply proud of the partnerships we built and the memories that emerged from these storied collections.
- OUR TEAM! Wow, wow, wow. If 2021 was anything, it was the year of celebrating this fantastic group of people in our Rebel Nell family. Russell gained asylum and is taking on a large part of our jewelry design. Kim is taking on a more significant role within our operations and learning new systems to make us better. Ethel’s photography business blossomed and went from side hustle to straight-up sought-after status.
- Our family grew! With our conscious expansion into new markets, we brought on Brand Ambassadors in new cities like Atlanta, Miami, and Chicago. Shoutout to people who understand our mission, and our customers and are helping us grow along the way, your passion is infectious!
- Two incredible women graduated from our program! One supports front-line workers in the healthcare industry while going to school to become a dental hygienist and another welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world and is enjoying life raising her little one.
- We opened our first stand-alone store and second retail location, and she fancy, at Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi, MI!
- How do you say WE WERE ON THE TODAY SHOW!
- Launched the Female Founders Book, which brought together female-run and owned businesses from around Michigan
- We relaunched our Everyday and Strong Collections to be of more refined quality, working with female-led vendors worldwide to source.
Who knows what 2022 holds. We can now say without a shadow of a doubt we are grateful for the amazing and the tough times, and we’ve had our fair share of both, especially this year.
It’s appropriate to end with a thank you that holds no bounds. To you, our incredible customers to whom, without you, your support, your belief, your feedback, your commitment, we would simply not be. The learnings, the growth, all of it is because of you and this community.
Amy & Diana